Here at MoCo, we're all about movement. So, take some time to move around our page and learn about us. There's lot to see and we're happy to have you.
We here at MoCo realize and understand how important the community found within movement is. However, we also understand and prioritize the health and safety of those within that community! Because of that, we are taking several precautions this year to try and create the safest and healthiest environment for you to move in that we possibly can.
Where are we learning?
The MoCo Board has been working hard with not only each other, but several faculty members within Indiana University's Theatre, Drama, and Contemporary Dance Department and the College of Arts and Sciences to learn and stay informed on all health requirements, stipulations, and recommendations in regards to proceeding during the COVID-19 crisis. Additionally, as IU students, the MoCo board has received the same information and advice sent out by the university at large.
What actions are being taken?
This means that MoCo and MoCo events are going to look a little different this year. As said above, several precautions are being taken this year to try and create the safest and healthiest environment for you to move in that we possibly can. This includes:
- Masks being required at all times during MoCo events, including while moving
- Physical distancing at MoCo events
- Requiring event registration for contact tracing purposes
- The majority of MoCo events taking place outside (weather permitting)
- MoCo events taking place online when weather is unforgiving
- A livestream of most, if not all, MoCo events will be available online for those not wanting to attend in person but still wanting to participate
- Designated entrances, exits, and walking paths during MoCo events
- Postponement of some annual MoCo events (e.g. New Year, New LuLu Lemon)
- Refraining from providing physical handouts and supplies at events
- Encouraging sanitization during events
What can YOU do to help?
Because we are a community, we're on a two-way street. This means we need some help from you as well! Here are some things you can do to help us maintain a safe and healthy environment, which would ultimately allow us to continue in person events and slow the spread of COVID:
- Wear a mask at all MoCo events (we would also like to encourage wearing one anytime you're out in public or around others)
- Physically distance yourself at all MoCo events (we would love to squeeze you and welcome you back or into the family, but sadly we'll have to wait for another season)
- Register for the event prior to arriving
- STAY HOME if in the past 14 days you have had anything resembling the symptoms of COVID-19, have tested positive for COVID-19, live with someone who has been experiencing symptoms of or diagnosed with COVID-19, or have in some other way been exposed to the virus. (There will always be another MoCo event!)
- Bring your own materials to events (e.g. Water bottle, Yoga mat, etc. MoCo will not be supplying any materials and discourages sharing. If you have any questions about what you may need/want at an event, feel free to reach out to us)
We are hoping to be able to maintain and cultivate an even bigger MoCo family and community, despite the surrounding pandemic. Whether this means in person or online, we'll do whatever we can to keep you safe, healthy, and moving!
The MoCo Board & Family
Rhiannon Freimuth - President
Carly Liegel - V.P. & Outreach Coordinator
Chelsea Kummeth - Treasurer & Social Media Chair
We love to hear from you! Contact us with inquiries about events, how to be a part of the team, who we are, what we do, and anything else you can think of.